posted Sep 20, 2011, 10:48 AM by Leslie Bigos
updated Sep 20, 2011, 12:56 PM
In Attendance: Edd George, Anne Gose, Paige Collins, Leslie Bigos, Carol Lawrence
Next Meeting: October 10, 2011 at 6:00PM in the Band Room.
- 120 students enrolled in band: approximately 50-Wind Ensemble, 50-Concert Band, 20-Percussion Ensemble
- Uniforms: Due to the discontinuation of uniform style, we are now assessing a Uniform Fee for new students of $30/yr. This money will be allocated for all new uniforms at some point.
- PTSA Grant Application - We will write an application for the CWU Wind Ensemble Experience at Central.
- Jazz Band: Selections have been made. Mr. Carter is returning as the Jazz II Instructor. Jazz II will go on all the same trips as Jazz I. Still recruiting for Jazz II.
- Budget: The Budget was presented and ratified by members present
- Wreath Fundraiser: Anne Gose presented the Wreath Fundraiser. We will be using Deer Run Greenery and selling 2 items: a table wreath for $25 and a table swag for $15. The fundraiser kick-off will be October 14 and the wreath delivery will be November 18, right before Thanksgiving. Part of the profits for the fundraiser will go to the student to defray the cost of the Victoria trip. The remainder will be a fundraiser for the Band Boosters.
- Homecoming: Action item: Edd George to reserve cafeteria for Pizza Feed
Paige Collins reported on the Alumni band rehearsals, Accommodations for Al Jones, and enthusiasm for the Alumni Band.
Events & Volunteer Needs
• Football Games
- Water/Snacks & 3rd quarter - Parents attending football games are asked to help distribute water/snacks.
- Scarf Sales: Laura Balent offered to sell scarves at the next football game.
• Chinook Football Band Night - October 7
- Need signs to help Chinook parents know where to go
- Greet parents @ warm-up room and explain schedule, following band into field, etc.
- Pizza Dinner
- Game water/snacks
- Scarf Sales
2011-2012 Booster Board
Leslie Bigos - President & Web-Coordinator*
Kevin Klustner - Treasurer
Carol Lawrence - Publicity*
Kirsti Sheeran - open
Anne Gose - Holiday Greenery Fundraiser
? - Homecoming
? - Jazz Festival Chairs
* Need to have a co-person in these positions